Saturday, August 1, 2009

Living Room Love

No, not my living room. Lately I've been really annoyed by my apartment. My main annoyance is our living room space. We have a combined living room/dining room. Unfortunately B was very insistent on having his desk (a giant, wood lament piece that he proudly bought at Staples) in the living area. We each have a laptop so there is no need for such a massive piece of furniture. However, I digress. I dream of the day when our small space will be warm, streamlined and inviting. I'm in the process of making some small updates which include new artwork, pictures and hopefully a new slipcover for the couch. In the meantime my inspiration folder keeps growing. I just came across this picture:




Beautiful!!! I can't stop staring at this. This photograph is from Kishani Perera's portfolio.

Another favorite is this Candice Olsen design, as shown on HGTV's Divine Design.
This photo is actually from a basement makeover but I love the mix of hard and soft elements. I love the mirrored surfaces, nailhead trim and chic banquette.

3 comments:

###### said...

i so love that table...see thats what i need i think.

Melissa said...

it is beautiful but I have no doubt that your home will look fab with or without the table. I'm not sure if I mentioned it yet but I love your new pillows on the makeover couch!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Wow! I'm in love with that first image. The navy blue with bright pink is such a delicious color combo!