Monday, January 19, 2009

Resolutions.




Lately I've been thinking about resolutions. It's still early enough in the year to be a major buzz word. On other blogs I've seen some/read some postings about New Years Resolutions. What can I say? That's not me. I am not really a "resolver"... is that even a word? I don't want to make resolutions for several reasons....

1. I don't make promises I can't keep. I like to think that my word is worth something and I try to keep it that way. I'm not going to make a promise (even to myself) that I know I won't or can't keep.

2. Sure, there are things that I would LIKE to work on so that my daily quality of life is better. That being said, there is nothing that I really need to resolve to do. Sure, I need to save more money and treat myself better but hey, I can work on that.

3. I'm stubborn and very much live by the "all or nothing" philosophy. As straight-edge as I normally tend to be there is something in me that has always hated rules. This is only really evident when I'm told "no" or "you can't do that" because that is at the point that I find myself thinking "just watch me..." It is a mindset that works well with challenging expectations but not so much with resolutions.

This year, I'm hoping for love, excitement, laughter... good things.
Image from flickr, EleganceisRefusal.

No comments: