Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My So Called Life

Way back when I LOVED the show My So Called Life. It was an amazing and real show. But the one thing I remember and loved the most were the quotes. The dialogue was fantastic. Kudos to the writers for capturing all the angst, confusion, awe, fun, puppy love and ambivalence of being a teenager.

One of my all time favorite quotes is: "Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison. And the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while. And admit the truth: that when you really look closely? People are so strange and so complicated that they're actually... beautiful. Possibly even me."

So what made me think of the show? A great blog post on Hello Lolla. Please go visit her site and scroll down to the My So Called Life post. I couldn't link directly to the post but it's great.

No comments: